Thursday, November 15, 2007

Calzaghe Tackles Hopkins Jibe

Undisputed super-middleweight king Joe Calzaghe has told Bernard Hopkins to get a career as a chat show host because all he is good for is talking. Calzaghe has chased a showdown with Hopkins for the last few years but the elusive American has always talked his way out of a fight against the unbeaten Welshman who is now regarded as one of the top three pound-for-pound fighters in the world. Hopkins has been very vocal recently calling out Calzaghe after watching him dethrone Mikkel Kessler; adding the WBC/WBA crowns to the WBO title that he has held for the last 10 years. The Philadelphian did famously agree to fight Calzaghe in 2002 for $3 million only to come back the next day and demand double the figure. The Pride of Wales said, "I'll give it to Ol' Popkins he's the king of talk. He's boxings version of Oprah Winfrey and they should give him his own TV show because he loves the sound of his own voice. The guy can talk for ever but that's all he can do. How about putting a little bit of fighting behind those words. I guarantee that I will make him have a fight against me and not a stinker like the one against Winky Wright. He says he wants to fight me but does he really want to get an ass kicking from me? Because that is what the man is going to get plain and simple. All I want is his name on my unblemished record with nice big W KO 6 next to it." He added, "I think that this time he won't be able to talk his way out of fighting me. TV want it, the public want it and the media want it. The only person who can stop it happening is Hopkins. I've told him I'll fight him anywhere, anytime, and I gladly accept his offer of a free facelift if I come to America. The only thing is, I will leave the ring as I enter it - the same good looking kid!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home