Monday, November 24, 2008

Home town favourites headline in Nottingham

Rod Anderton hopes he can make it a double title triumph for Nottingham at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on Saturday, 6th December. Anderton (Nottingham) challenges Danny McIntosh (Norwich) for the English Light-Heavyweight Title on the same bill as Carl Froch’s (Nottingham) WBC World Super-Middleweight Title fight against Jean Pascal (Canada). Also, Nottingham's Tyrone Wright challenges Paul David for the English Super-Middleweight Title elsewhere on the same bill. Anderton will be challenging for his first major title and is confident of taking the belt in McIntosh’s first defence on the Hennessy Sports show, which will be shown live by ITV1. “It’s a massive night for Nottingham boxing and it’s great to be a part of it,” said Anderton. “Carl is fighting for a world title and it would be great if the three of us won titles on the night. It’s a massive night for both of our careers and there are a few other local lads in action. “There can’t have been many more bigger nights for Nottingham and East Midlands boxing than this. “It’s a big chance for me to shine, especially with the chance of the fight being shown on terrestrial TV. I’ve also sold over 300 tickets so I want to deliver for my fans. “I hope McIntosh is ready for a hard fight because I’m ready to it to him. He beat Steve Spartacus for the title, but Spartacus didn’t have a long time to prepare for it. I’ve had seven weeks and feel great. I’m ready to take this opportunity.” Anderton wants to make up for the last two times he was in action at the big city centre venue. “The last time I was supposed to box at the Arena I had to pull out at the last minute sick," said Rod. "I went from one extreme to the other very quickly. I was getting ready for the fight and feeling great, but then next minute I had covered the changing room in sick. I was gutted because I couldn’t fight then. “The time before that the referee somehow gave a draw when I fought Phil Callaghan for the second time. I had stopped him before and thought I beat him again so I couldn’t understand the decision. “But it has gone well since and I’ve won four on the trot so I’m feeling well up for the fight. I’m looking for a better outcome than the last two times I was down to fight at the Arena.” Tickets are available from the 24 hour Box Office at the Trent FM Arena on 08444 124 624 or via http://www.trentfmarenanottingham.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home