Friday, May 29, 2009

Small task for Hall

Matthew Hall says he'll make his childhood dreams come true by winning a Lonsdale belt against Anthony Small on June 27. And the hard-hitting Mancunian says he'll keep up his run of recent KO wins by halting his London rival inside 10 rounds. Commonwealth light-middleweight champion Hall will put his title on line against Hall at the O2 Arena, with the British title up for grabs as well. The mouth-watering fight is part of the supporting card to Amir Khan's WBA light-welterweight title challenge against Andreas Kotelnik. And it promises to be explosive with the two prospects sharing a combined record of 43-2 with 30 KOs. "As a kid growing up it was always my dream to fight and win a Lonsdale belt," said 24-year-old Hall. "It's the best belt in boxing and I want to bring it home and put it on my mantlepiece. "To get an opportunity like this in front of a sell-out crowd at the O2 Arena is absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait." Small has a reputation for running his mouth, but Hall says he won't let the jibes get under his skin."Talk doesn't win you the fight, it's just cheap," said Hall. "I'd rather be a man of action rather than words. "People don't want to hear all the bravado beforehand. I'd rather keep my mouth shut and keep my mind on the job in hand. "I'll give him nine or 10 rounds. He can run early, he might pick a few rounds here and there, but I'll break him by the ninth or 10th."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home