Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chisora's shot at Heavyweight Champion

Dereck Chisora has done what David Haye didn't do - sign to fight not one, but BOTH Klitschko brothers. The unbeaten Londoner first takes on WBO/IBF world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko on December 11 in Mannheim, Germany, and if he wins then he could face Vitali, the WBC world champion, next. Haye talked big about fighting the Klitschkos but never backed up his words. He was due to face Wladimir, but pulled out with a back injury and then negotiated to fight Vitali, but instead fought Nikolay Valuev. Chisora, 26, says he will be the man to end the Klitschkos reign of heavyweight boxing. "This is about glory for me and becoming the heavyweight champion of the world, something I've dreamed about since I started boxing," said Chisora. "Haye will not fight the Klitschkos as long as they are champions, but I'm up for the fight and will take them on," "The Klitschkos have ruled for too long and I can't wait to get into the ring in Germany and smash the living daylights out of Wladimir first," "Vitali is waiting in the background and I'll deal with him once I've dealt with Wladimir," "Wladimir is a good strong champion, technically excellent, but I believe I can bring something new to beat him," "I'm a young, fresh and hungry challenger and I've got the punch back me up," "An opportunity like this may not come around again or for a long time so I've got to take it now and believe me, one shot is all I need." Finchley puncher Chisora beat rival Sam Sexton to claim the Commonwealth title last month and earlier this year he ended the career of Danny Williams. Frank Warren, who signed Chisora after he won the 2005 ABA Super-Heavyweight title, said, " This is a tough fight for Del and a big step up for him, but he's confident that he can do a job on Wladimir," "When I talked to him about the opportunity, he insisted that I took it. Unlike David Haye, for Dereck this about the challenge, not the money. He really believes that he can beat Wladimir." "It's in the contract that if he beats Wladimir then he has to face Vitali next, but he's got a big job ahead of first," "He's taking himself out of London and into a training camp, away from any distractions, to totally focus on the fight," "December 11 could be a double celebration for me as I have my 30th anniversary show taking place and if Dereck wins the world heavyweight title."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home