Thursday, January 19, 2012

Harrison returns to the Ring

On 14th April 2012 at the Brentwood Centre Essex, former Olympic and European Champion and World title challenger Audley Harrison, makes his return to the ring when he faces the up and coming prospect Ali Adams in a 10 round Championship contest. Audley wants redemption for his performance against David Haye, where he has been the subject of mass criticism for his performance. Audley says he wants to come back and give it one last shot, but Ali Adams is determined to close the curtain on his career. Audley said ‘I’ve never been more disappointed in myself as I felt that night…anyone can lose, but I didn’t lose with dignity, so I was never going to retire on that performance.’After falling off the boxing radar when slipping to that famous defeat against Haye, many of the British boxing public will be looking to see whether or not Harrison deserves one last roll of the dice with Adams providing a very stern test. Audley said ‘I’ve been sitting on the shelf for 15months, so I’m grateful for this opportunity…with my right arm now healed, I’ll have too much for Ali Adams. I intend to show I still have a future in the game’. Promoter Steve Goodwin of Goodwin Promotions who has secured the staging of this exciting bout stated “Audley has a big name in boxing and beyond, as was seen with his success in “Strictly Come Dancing”. We will see whether his fighting days are over. Ali is hungry, fit and has tons of heart and believes this is his date with destiny, whilst for Audley it is his final chance; retirement beckons if Audley loses this bout…I’m so confident that Ali has his number; I’ve put my money where my mouth is and made this fight without TV. Adams may be somewhat of an unknown to the casual boxing fan, however the Iraqi-born heavyweight, who picked up his first title last time out in December, now looks to make the step up in class by fighting Harrison. Ali said “Audley is a joke. His fight with Haye was an embarrassment and he still wants to make a comeback. I will give him such a beating that Audley will see he does not belong in a boxing ring again.” The bill will be action packed including the return of Prizefighter Welterweight Champion Yassine “The showman” El Maachi in a 10 round title contest. The most exciting boxer in Africa and Ghanaian champion Richard Commey, who has 11 wins from 11 fights all by knockout, will make his first appearance in the UK. His advisor Michael Amoo-Bediako says “ We want to show the British public a future World Champion; in 12 months he will be ready for Ricky Burns”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home