Thursday, November 15, 2007

Brook Targets Thompson in Bolton

The next British boxing star in waiting Kell Brook will take on Mark Thompson in a Final eliminator for the British Welterweight title. Undefeated Brook from Sheffield faces Thompson at the Bolton Arena on Saturday 8th December after Sports Network won the purse bids to stage the contest. Main event on the show features Amir Khan's Commonwealth lightweight title defence against Graham Earl. Brook is in for a hard night against the tough Lancashire boxer but is motivated by the thought of challenging new champion Kevin McIntyre for the British title. He said, "My dream has always been to challenge for the prestigious Lonsdale belt and I'm so close to achieving that now. Thompson is in my way and he is hard kid but I've got the skills to beat him. I've seen a few of Thompson's fights and know what to expect from him. This is a golden opportunity for me and I'm not going to blow it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home