Thursday, January 03, 2008

Khan ready for Viking Invasion

Amir Khan is confident of repelling another Viking invasion by following his pal Joe Calzaghe's example.Bolton hot-shot Khan takes on Dane Martin Kristjansen at the ExCeL London on Saturday 2nd February and is using Calzaghe's win over previously undefeated Mikkel Kessler as inspiration.Calzaghe secured his position as Britain's finest fighter with a stunning points win over 'Viking Warrior' Kessler last month to unify the WBO/WBC/WBA world super-middleweight titles.Khan said, "Joe was great that night when he defeated Kessler. I couldn't be at the fight because I was in training for my fight against Graham Earl but I watched it on TV and was blown away by Joe's boxing skill. He overcame a difficult opening to beat Kessler with boxing skill."The 21-year-old Commonwealth Champion blew away Graham Earl earlier this month in just 72 seconds but reckons Kristjansen, who hails from the same training camp as Kessler, will be a much tougher job.He added, "I know that not all my fights are going to be early nights like Earl. It would be great if they were but I also prepare for long hard fights and I think that Kristjansen will provide a much sterner test than Earl did. He has taken former European Champion Stefano Zoff the distance twice so he's going to be a bit of handful."Lightweight Khan puts his unbeaten record and new WBO #4 ranking on the line when he challenges Kristjansen for the Vacant WBO Intercontinental title." He is a big threat to my future ambitions to win the world title and a lot is at stake in this fight. My trainer Oliver Harrison and myself are in the gym now training hard and I'm fully confident that it will be a Khan victory." Finished Khan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home