Thursday, April 10, 2008

Calzaghe out to end Hopkins career

Joe Calzaghe has vowed to turn the tables on Bernard Hopkins - and "execute" what remains of the American's career.The 36-year-old Welshman tackles Hopkins on April 19 at the Planet Hollywood Ring in Las Vegas, and the winner will be declared the best light-heavyweight in the world.And Calzaghe says it will be a night to savour for British fight fans fed up with motor-mouth Hopkins' disrespectful comments." I'm going to bring the final curtain down on Ol' Popkins," said Calzaghe." He likes to dress up in his Executioner mask, but it will be the last time anyone sees it on April 19 because I'll retire him once and for all." This will be the executioner's last song. I'm sure the Fat Lady will be singing when he makes his ring entrance on the night!" I don't know if he's got any last requests as far as his career is concerned, but he better get them in quick because he'll be retiring after I've defeated him."Calzaghe, the undisputed super-middleweight world champion, has been in Las Vegas for almost a week now as he fine tunes his preparations for the biggest fight of his career." There's a tremendous buzz out here at the moment," said Calzaghe. "I've already seen a few British fans, and I know it is going to be a night to remember." I've waited a long time to make my US debut, and to do it on a massive card in Las Vegas is a dream come true." I know other British fighters have come over here and failed to produce the goods, but I won't be one of them. This is my moment and I'm relishing the fight with Hopkins."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home