Monday, June 30, 2008

Macklin Eyes World Title Dream

Top middleweight contender Matthew Macklin is hoping that re-signing with promoter Frank Warren will help him win a world title. The 26-year-old will fight in his home city of Birmingham for only the second time when he appears at the Aston Events Centre on July 19. All-action Macklin will fight Francis Cheka in a 10-rounder on the bill joint-headlined by Audley Harrison versus Martin Rogan and the return of Enzo Maccarinelli. And he believes the fight will take him a step closer to a world title opportunity. "I've always dreamed of winning a world title, and I believe I can make my dream come true in the next two years," said Macklin. "I know with my ability and Frank Warren's connections, I'll soon be making my way up the world rankings. "Kelly Pavlik is obviously the man at middleweight at the moment, but I'm not sure how long he is planning to stay around. "And when he moves up, I'll be in a position to take advantage." Macklin, with 16 stoppages from 21 wins, is promising Birmingham fight fans an explosive performance next month. "I've not had the chance to fight in front of my own fans too often, so when Frank offered me the chance to box in front of my home fans, I jumped at it," said Macklin. "I've shifted hundreds of tickets already, and the fans in the Midlands are some of the most passionate in the world, and I won't be letting them down when I fight Cheka." Tickets for The Road Back, priced at £40, £75 and £100, are available from The Ticket Factory on 0871 945 6000 and See Tickets on 0870 060 3794

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home