Monday, October 06, 2008

Bellew gunning for Cleverly or Oakey

Tony Bellew says he is gunning for the winner of Friday night's Commonwealth light-heavyweight title fight between Nathan Cleverly and Tony Oakey. And he says he hopes it is young gun Cleverly - so he can knock the Welshman out. Cleverly and Oakey will slug it out for the vacant belt at the Everton Park Sports Centre on October 10. And Bomber Bellew is set for his seventh professional on the undercard, his first appearance in his home city. The 25-year-old, who has stopped four of his six victims, has already been involved in a war of words with Cleverly, who he believes is over-rated. And he continued his verbal attack today. "Nathan's good, but I'll beat him 10 times out of 10," said Bellew. "He's a little bit more experienced than me, but once I've had a few more fights, I'll be gunning for him. "I definitely want him to win on Friday night because it would be great to knock him out somewhere down the line and get my hands on that Commonwealth belt. "If he wins I hope he comes back to Liverpool and defends against me - but I'm quite happy to go to Wales and knock him out in front of his own fans. "By all accounts Cleverly is quite a brainy lad studying maths at university, so I'm sure that once he has worked out that speed multiplied by strength equals power and will result in him being knocked-out then he will wisely stay away from me! "When I was an amateur they called me the Bomber, and I've carried my power through to the professional ranks. "As soon as I step into championship class then some of the big names are going to get taken out in style."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home