Monday, November 24, 2008

Perry sets sights on Midlands Area title

Jack Perry hopes to take a step closer to a Midlands Area Title shot by improving his unbeaten record at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on Saturday, 6th December. The Derby boxer is considering stepping up from light-welterweight to welterweight and will see how he gets on at a heavier weight limit over four rounds on the undercard of Carl Froch’s (Nottingham) WBC World Super-Middleweight Title fight against Jean Pascal (Canada) which will be shown live by ITV1The 21-year-old will be aiming to erase the disappointing memories of his last outing at the same city centre venue when he was held to a draw by Tom Glover in May, which is the only blemish on his eight-fight career. Since then, Jack has beaten Kristian Laight on points and feels in top form after preparing at the Ingle’s gym in Sheffield. “I’m hoping to get a title shot – the Midlands or British Masters – next year before I’m 22,” said Jack. “My only blip so far was my last fight at the Arena, so obviously I’m looking to put that right in the next one. “I boxed really late on in the show in the last one and it affected me. I had warmed up three times for the fight and when the fight came around I just felt drained and not myself in there. But this time will be different. “I train with the Ingles up in Sheffield and it has been great experience training alongside British champions like Kell Brook and former world champions like Junior Witter.
“I’m think about moving up a division to welterweight so training alongside British welterweight champion Kell Brook has been great. I don’t feel a full welterweight yet but I’m in between the two at the moment and am looking to move up. “Training alongside people like Junior Witter makes you set your standards higher and it means you realise you can be there yourself.” Jack hopes to celebrate victory with a curry. “One of my sponsors is an Indian restaurant called Anoki," said Jack. "It’s great getting free meals there when I’m not training and I’m hoping to have an after party there.” Tickets are available from the 24 hour Box Office at the Trent FM Arena on 08444 124 624 or via http://www.trentfmarenanottingham.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home