Friday, January 09, 2009

Lenny Daws to face Dean Harrison

Lenny Daws will challenge Dean Harrison for the vacant English Light-Welterweight Title confident that a late change in opponent will not throw him off course in his ambition to become British champion again in 2009. The Morden boxer was supposed to box Scott Haywood (Derby), but he has relinquished the title so Daws will now face Harrison (Wolverhampton) for the English crown instead at the Robin Park Centre in Wigan on Saturday, 17th January 2009. British lightweight champion John Murray (Manchester) defends his title for the first time against Lee McAllister (Aberdeen) as the main even on the Hennessy Sports show that will be shown live on ITV4. Daws aims to impress the ITV4 audience and sees winning the English title as a step towards reclaiming the British title he lost two years ago by beating Harrison, who was narrowly out-pointed by Haywood for the English title in September. "The change of opponent has not made much difference and we’ve got everything covered," said Lenny. "I was expecting to box a taller opponent but that’s about it. Dean is no journeyman and he has fought for this title before, so he’s going to be up for it and I’m expecting a tough fight. "But I also believe I’m going to win and put on a good performance. Hopefully winning this title will start to make things happen for me in 2009 because I want to win back the British title. "Winning this title should lead to the British title shot. I want to move on to bigger things this year but I have to prove I’m ready for that by beating Harrison."Tickets are available from the Ticketline Box Office on 0871 424 4444 or via http://www.ticketline.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home