Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sutherland in search for Success

IRISH Olympic hero Darren Sutherland returned to the gym to continue his assault on the world super-middleweight title. Sutherland, 26, has his second professional at Robin Park Arena, Wigan on Friday March 6 when he faces a selected opponent over six rounds. The Dubliner who stopped Georgi Iliev on his debut last month, returned to London last night after a three week break with his family. Dazzler spent Christmas and New Year at home and then took parents Linda and Tony, and 17-year-old sister Shaneika on a seven day break to Tenerife. And Sutherland who lives, eats and sleeps boxing revealed he was desperate to get back to trainer Brian Lawrence during his first family holiday for several years. The most exciting prospect in world boxing said: "It was the longest period I have spent with my parents for years and we reflected on my success. "I ran every day while I was in Tenerife xcept one. I needed routine because the only thing to do was eat and sunbathe. "I was itching to get back to the gym by the start of the New Year and I'm glad I listened to my advisors and booked the trip or else I would not have gone. "I would have headed back to London and started training for my next fight. I can't wait to get back in the gym, even though I'll be up at 5am Monday morning." The mega card in Wigan will be topped by Salford southpaw Jamie Moore who challenges Italy's former world champ Michele Piccirillo for the vacant European light middleweight title. Also on the bill is middleweight Prizefighter winner Martin Murray, who is arguably Britain's most exciting fighter. Tickets for this big night of action priced £90 (VIP Ringside), £80 and £35 are available from www.frankmaloney.com and 0871 226 1508

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home