Monday, January 26, 2009

Tyson Fury in Norwich Showdown

Unbeaten heavyweight phenomenon Tyson Fury has already set his sights on the man he hopes will be his next opponent. The 6 feet 8 ½ inch 20 year old is scheduled for his third pro fight in Norwich on February 28th when he appears on the undercard of local hero, Jon Thaxton’s first defence of his European Lightweight title. However it’s another Norfolk man that is occupying Fury’s thoughts at the moment. “I’d love to fight Sam Sexton in Norwich,” said Fury. “He’s a local lad and I believe he’s always complaining that he never gets to fight at home, so I’d love to give him that opportunity.”Fury is coming off an impressive stoppage win over Marcel Zeller earlier this month. The German entered the ring having won 21 of his 24 pro fights with 20 of those wins coming by KO but he found Fury too hot to handle. Sexton also has a decent resume having lost just once in his 12 pro fights and he also won the Prizefighter tournament last September but Fury isn’t impressed. “His record isn’t as impressive as Zeller’s so it might be a bit of step down but it would still be a good fight for the people of Norwich. He just won the Southern Area title and I think that’s about his limit. “If I can’t beat the likes of Sexton I’ve no business talking about World titles so that’s why I want to fight him now. I don’t want people saying that I’m just all talk like some of the other prospects out there. I want to walk the walk as well.”Promoter Mick Hennessy is hoping that Sexton will take up the challenge “It’s a great chance for Sam to fight in his hometown in a significant fight so hopefully he will step up to the plate.” Tickets for Tyson next fight on the undercard of Jon Thaxton’s European Title Defence at the Norfolk Showground, Norwich on the 28th February are available from the Ticketline box office on 0871 424 4444 or via http://www.ticketline.co.uk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home