Monday, April 27, 2009

Carl the Cobra KOs Taylor

The “Cobra” underlined his status as one of the most exciting fighters in World boxing as he got up off the canvas to deliver a sensational KO win with just 14 seconds left in the twelfth and final round. Speaking following the win Britain’s only reigning World Champion said, “It was an unbelievable fight. Before the fight Taylor and the American media were asking who I was, well they all know now. “I took a couple of good shots in the third round and went down but that's boxing and I regained my composure pretty quickly. As the fight was progressing I could tell that Jermain was tiring and I worked hard to keep the pressure on him because I knew it was getting to him and it all paid off in the last round. “I’m on top of the world right now and I intend on staying there. There’s some really big fights out there for me now and I’m ready for any of them be it Kelly Pavlik or even Joe Calzaghe if he can be bothered getting out of his armchair.“All Joe has to say is that he wants the fight. His last excuse for not fighting me was that nobody knew me in America well I think they all know who I am after that performance. I don’t think Joe will take the fight because he knows exactly what the outcome would be but I’m ready, willing and able for him anytime. It would be a huge fight for Britain and the World.” Froch’s promoter Mick Hennessy believes that the win over Taylor has earned Froch his place amongst British boxing’s greats. “This is exactly the kind of fight that boxing needed,” said Hennessy. “It was like a ‘Rocky’ movie. I said all along that Carl was going to make a big statement in this fight and he certainly did that. He's established himself as a world wide star with that performance and I believe he’s underlined his position as Britain's best pound for pound fighter. “It was a big gamble taking this fight but it’s paid off and Carl has now established himself in the U.S. as a marquee fighter. There are endless options open to us now but ideally I'd like to have Carl in a massive fight back in Britain. There are all kinds of possibilities including the likes of Kelly Pavlik and of course Joe Calzaghe if he fancies it but I don’t think he’ll want any part of Carl after seeing what he did to Taylor.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home