Friday, May 08, 2009

Daly drops in on The London Golf Club

American John Daly will bring the curtain down on his European adventure when he tees up in The European Open at The London Golf Club from May 28-31. After his tied 31st finish in last week’s Open de España and his appearance in this week’s BMW Italian Open, Daly will take in The 3 Irish Open and the BMW PGA Championship before making the short journey to Ash in Kent for the 32nd edition of the £1.8million event. It will be a first appearance in The European Open for Daly, who is known affectionately as the “Wild Thing” by his legions of fans. The two-time Major winner will tee up alongside some of the game’s greats, including South African Ernie Els, Spaniard Sergio Garcia, Northern Irish starlet Rory McIlroy and England’s Lee Westwood, all of whom are currently in the top 20 of the Official World Golf Ranking. Daly said: “Yesterday I committed to The European Open, and I’m really looking forward to teeing it up. I love playing in Europe because it suits my attacking style more, and it will be my fifth European Tour event in a row. “In the past, I’ve always played a lot of events in a row to get some rhythm going, because that helps me to play well. It’ll be good to get some consistency – the more I play, the better I feel I will do. I like the way I played in Spain last week. I’m nice and fresh, and it really does feel great to be playing again.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home