Monday, June 01, 2009

Pacquiao in support of Khan

Amir Khan is hoping to get the backing of the world's P4P king Manny Pacquiao at his up-coming clash with Andreas Kotelnik. Khan meets the slick Ukrainian at London's O2 Arena on June 27 in a challenge for the WBA world light-welterweight title. And his Filipino gym-mate, who recently KO'd Ricky Hatton, is planning to be ringside to cheer him on. "Manny is back in the Philippines at the moment, but he's said that he would like to come to the fight, and we'll look after him," said Khan. "It will be good to have him there." Khan, 22, has sparred with Pacquiao ahead of his last two fights, impressive stoppage victories over Oisin Fagan and Marco Antonio Barrera. And although Pacquiao won't be in Freddie Roach's Wildcard gym in the build up to the Kotelnik tussle, Khan says that the Pacman is still an inspiration. "I train as hard as Pacquiao, if not harder, and watching him working in the gym gives me a real buzz," said Khan. "It's a privilege being around such a great fighter, and I learn from him all time." But Bolton-born Amir draws the line at Pacquiao's infamous training routine of being beaten with sticks. "I've not done that yet, but I've got a great trainer in Freddie and a great nutritionist and they will make sure that I am stronger than I have ever been for this fight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home