Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Kotelnik plans to ruin Khan's Party

WBA light-welterweight champion Andreas Kotelnik has warned “arrogant” Amir Khan to focus on their fight – and not look too far into the future. The pair clash at the MEN Arena, Manchester, on July 18 with the fight screened on Sky Box Office. Khan is bidding to become one of Britain’s youngest-ever world champions at the age of 22, and begin a new era for the sport in the UK. There’s has already been talk of a potential clash with Ricky Hatton should Khan win, as well as fights against the likes of Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales. And Ukrainian Kotelnik is happy for that kind of speculation to continue - and says it means Khan is underestimating him. “All I hear from Khan’s camp is that he’s going to be fighting Hatton or Marquez or even King Kong after he has beaten me,” said Kotelnik. “Amir thinks that all he has to do is turn up on July 18 and he’ll be walking away with my title. “He’s very arrogant for a fighter who hasn’t even had a world title fight yet, and I plan on punishing him badly when we meet at the MEN Arena. “I’m the one who will be going on to bigger and better things later this year because I am the one who is going to win this fight. “I have been a world champion since I beat up Gavin Rees last year, and I’m not giving up my title to anyone. “I believe that Khan is underestimating me at the moment, and that’s going to play right into my hands on July 18. “As soon as my first punch lands he’s going to start feeling pain, and he’ll soon realise why it was so stupid to talk about fighting other people. “Without my belt he’s going nowhere, and I promise everyone in Britain that he’s not getting it.” Betfred, the official betting parter of the show, has Khan is the favourite at 8/15, kotelnik at 6/4 and the draw is 25/1. For further information log on to www.betfred.com Tickets priced at £40, £50, £75, £100, £150, £200, £300 & £500 are available from: M.E.N Arena Box Office: 0844 847 8000 or online at http://www.men-arena.com/ See Tickets: 0871 220 0260 or online at www.seetickets.co.uk Khan Boxing: 01204 535 332 or online at http://www.amirkhan-boxing.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home