Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kell Brook inspired by Mayweather

Kell Brook is planning a late night on Saturday - so he can take in Floyd Mayweather's comeback fight against Juan Manuel Marquez in the States. Hot shot Brook is promising to become Britain's answer to welterweight star "Money" in the next 18 months. The British welterweight champion defends his title in a potential domestic classic against Michael Jennings on October 30 at the Liverpool Echo Arena. And Brook says he has been inspired by the exploits of Mayweather, who currently rules the roost at 147 pounds and is considered one of the best P4P fighters in the world. "He's been one of the fighters that I've looked up to in the last few years," said Brook. "He's an amazing talent, but I'm now beginning to look at him as a potential rival rather than a hero. "I'm not at his level yet, but I know that I can win a world title. "And once I've done that, who knows what fights can be made in the future. "I'll be staying up late on Saturday night to watch the fight because I need to know exactly where I'm at at the moment, and what I need to work on to get to the top." Sheffield youngster Brook - who won the Lonsdale belt outright with a string of KO wins - says a win against Jennings will enable him to make a massive stride towards fighting for a world title. "It's a big fight against Jennings because he lost to Miguel Cotto at the start of the year, and he's a world class talent," he said. "If I can do a better job on Jennings than Cotto did, I'll know that I'm going in the right direction, and I'm sure it will help my ratings with the various governing bodies. "This is my chance to make a big statement and I promise that I'm going to look spectacular up in Liverpool. "Jennings is a nice guy and he's a good boxer, but he won't be able to cope with my power and he's going to be another boxer who won't hear the final bell." Tickets priced at £30 (Tier), £40 (Tier), £50 (Tier), £100 (Floor), £150 (Floor) and £200 (Ringside) are available from: Liverpool Echo Arena 0844 8000 400 www.accliverpool.com Ticketmaster 0844 847 2500 www.ticketmaster.co.uk Frank Warren Promotions 01992 550 888 www.frankwarren.tv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home