Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DeGale Fit for a King

Olympic Champion James DeGale will look to carry on his devastating run of KO performances against granite-jawed Welshman Nathan King in Newcastle. DeGale, who won gold in Beijing last year, has won his last three fights by stoppage and is eying his first title fight in 2010. But first he has to past King in a six rounder at the Metro Radio Arena on December 5, where he will form part of the under-card to Amir Khan's WBA World Light-Welterweight title defence against Dimitry Salita. And hot-shot DeGale, still only 23, has vowed to become only the third man to stop King, who has kept good company. "He's going to be dangerous because he's fought for titles before, including a version of the world super-middleweight crown," said DeGale. "The only people who have stopped him are (former British champion) Tony Quigley and (world-rated Frenchman) Jean Paul Mendy so that tells you that he's going to be tough. "If I can do a number on him then it is going to send out a big statement to the domestic division. "Back in March he fought Kenny Anderson up in Scotland for the Celtic title and I thought he won that fight quite easily, but he lost it on the scorecards. "This is the kind of fight I need though right now in my career. "I'm really buzzing in the gym at the moment and I want a challenge because I feel like I'm getting better every day. "People have only seen about 10 per cent of what I can do at the moment." King - a 28-year-old from Mountain Ash - won't be fazed by facing DeGale as for years he worked with Joe Calzaghe. And he's also gone the distance with the likes of Tony Oakey, Tony Dodson, Stevie McGuire, Eric Teymour and Anderson. "James is a great talent but I'll be far too experienced for him," said King. "He's still a baby in the pros and I'll give him a lesson he won't forget." Tickets are priced at £30, £40, £50, £85, £125, £200 and £300, and are available from: Metro Radio Arena 0844 248 5013 www.metroradioarena.co.uk Sports Corporation 0845 163 0845 www.sportscorporation.com See Tickets 0871 220 0260
http://www.seetickets.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home