Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Chisora's back in with Klitchsko

Dereck Chisora was celebrating tonight after it was confirmed he will fight Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on April 30. The British and Commonwealth champion was left devastated when Klitschko pulled out of their December 11 clash after tearing an abdominal muscle in training. But Del Boy never gave up hope that he would earn a second chance against the IBF and WBO world champion. And today the fight was sealed for the end of April. "This news is a fantastic late Christmas present," said the north Londoner. "I always believed that I would fight Klitschko, and my faith has been repaid. "I was a bit worried that he might try and fight an easier touch, but I think I've earned my opportunity. "I was gutted when Wladimir pulled out of our fight just a couple of days beforehand. "But now I've got another chance to take his titles away. "He's a great world champion, but his time at the top is well and truly up. "My promoter Frank Warren has done a great job in getting me this opportunity because there was no guarantee Wladimir would fight me again after he got injured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home