Monday, August 21, 2006

Khan Backs Bolton

Bolton Wanderers fan, Amir Khan gave the Trotters a lift during Saturday's opening clash of their 2006/2007 Premiership campaign against Tottenham at the Reebok Stadium.

The Olympic Silver Medallist featured in half-time activities to publicise his first fight of the new boxing season on Sports Network's mega-show at the Bolton Arena on Saturday 2nd September.

And Khan was delighted that manager Sam Allardyce and his players began the season with a 2-0 win over Spurs.

"I'm looking forward to the new season and going to as many Bolton games as I can depending on where and when I fight," said the 19-year-old star.

Khan was even close to predicting the pre-match score against Spurs, but missed out by a goal, as Bolton kept a clean sheet, with a solid defensive performance.

"I'm particularly looking forward to the game against Spurs and it looks like a tough one but with the return of Nicky Hunt, Kelvin Davies and new lad Quinton Fortune I reckon we will come away with a 2-1 win,"

"Big Sam's the main man at the club and he comes to most of my fights and I reckon with the quality of the team that he has now, this could be the year that he takes us to win the title,"

Unbeaten in eight fights with six knockouts, Khan is looking to put on a dazzling display for his home fans in his first fight in Bolton since making his professional debut there last year.

He added, "Just like the team have put in plenty of pre-season training, me and my trainer Oliver Harrison have been working away in the gym on plenty of new things and improving on the basics to begin my campaign for the new season that will see me challenge for my first championship title."

Clinton Woods v Glen Johnson III, for the IBF World Light-Heavyweight Championship, headlines a superb show that also features the Vacant WBA World Light-Welterweight title between Souleymane M'Baye and Raul Balbi plus Takaloo v Michael Jennings for the WBU World Welterweight title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home