Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Khan playing it Cool

Boxing superstar Amir Khan will be chilled out before his next fight - after undergoing Cryrotherapy at -120 degrees Celsius.Commonwealth Lightweight Khan is teaming up with his favourite team Bolton Wanderers Football Club to make use of their cutting-edge "liquid air unit".Using liquid air - a mixture of liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen - imported from Poland and stored at -192 degrees Celsius, the facility helps speed up recovery times after engaging in heavy physical activity.And it means Khan will be ready for a Cold War when he tackles Stoke hardman Scott Lawton at the Nottingham Arena on October 6 in the first defence of his title live on ITV1." I've been told by some of the Bolton players that the benefits of going in the liquid air unit are amazing," said 20-year-old Khan, who now boasts a perfect unbeaten 13-0 record with 10 knockouts." They have had all kinds of aches and pains after a match or intense training session, but have come out feeling like new men." I'll be using it a few times before the Lawton fight to make sure I'm the best possible shape - and I'll definitely be giving him the cold shoulder in a couple of weeks time!Khan - who has worked with Wanderers ever since turning professional more than two years ago - will only spend a few minutes at a time in the unit, as temperatures plummet to -120 degrees, colder than the Arctic in winter." I might take along my woolly hat and scarf just in case it gets too cold and I hope I don't see any Polar Bears!" joked Khan." It can get pretty chilly up here in Lancashire, but this is taking it to a new level, and it's something I plan to do before and after every fight." While it's good for me, I think I'd prefer to be 'chilling' on a beach somewhere, but I'd like to thank Bolton for the support they've shown me all through my career."Pioneered in Japan in 1978, the technology was first used for those suffering with arthritis and joint conditions, but has now been transfered to the field of sports recovery. Khan-Lawton heads up a sensational triple-title card in Nottingham, with Commonwealth light-middleweight champion Bradley Pryce defending against Martin Concepcion and Steven Bell challenging for the English super-featherweight crown against Femi Fehintola.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home