Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Haye is Big Mac's Weakest Link

Most people turn into a quivering wreck when they are confronted by Weakest Link host Anne Robinson - but not dynamite punching WBO World Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Maccarinelli! Big Mac came head-to-head with the fiery red-head during filming of the latest celebrity show to be televised this Saturday (19th January) on BBC1 at 5.40pm. The power-punching Welshman is hard in training for his forthcoming super-fight against WBC/WBA World Champion David Haye on Saturday 8th March at the 02 in London, but he turned Robinson into a purring pussy cat. "After everything I've seen and heard about Anne I was psyching myself up in the dressing room before the start of the show just like I do before a big fight and preparing myself for the verbal onslaught. I was quite surprised when she didn't give me the grilling I was expecting and she was actually very nice," said the fearsome 6ft 3in Swansea banger. "I was a bit disappointed because my fights on TV are explosive so I was hoping for an equally explosive encounter with Anne for the TV viewers but it didn't happen," "I think the producers warned her that I've knocked out 21 of 29 opponents so she treated me with care. Either that or she took a fancy to me!" Maccarinelli joined TV reality stars including Pete Burns, Bianca Gasgoine, Grease Is The Word winners Danny and Susan and Big Brother 8 winner Brian Bello on the show. He added, "I won't say what position I came in at so you will have to watch this Saturday to find out!" The 28-year-old is now focused on his blockbuster showdown against fellow big-hitter Haye and predicts only one outcome. "I wouldn't do a show like this while I'm in training but this was before the Haye fight was announced. I'm shaping up really well against and just looking forward to facing Haye in the ring." "This is a once-in-a-lifetime fight for me when I'm facing another puncher who can hit just as hard as me and he's British, the fans are in for an explosive fight and one that they will never forget."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home