Friday, January 11, 2008

Pickering faces Hughes in Re-Match

Esham Pickering is looking to make a statement and prove he’s still the best in Britain when he boxes Sean Hughes in a highly anticipated rematch at the Meadowside Leisure Centre, Burton-on-Trent Friday 18th January 2008. Pickering in November suffered a shocking defeat to Pontefract's Sean ‘Short Fuse' Hughes. The heavy underdog, Hughes boxed the fight of his life and out pointed the reigning British super-bantamweight champ Esham Pickering over an action packed and bloody eight round non-title affair. Hughes career best performance earned the tough southpaw a dream shot at Pickering’s prestigious British Title. Pickering for his part says… "I had an off night, I had several problems outside the ring that seriously affected my preparation and it showed. I am not making excuses Sean won the fight fair and square, but trust me, that was not the real me. This is now Championship level and believe me that makes a world of difference. I am going to win in style and prove that last fight was a fluke. I am going to punish Sean Hughes and this time the fight will not go the distance, my Lonsdale belt is on the table and there is no way in hell he’s taking it from me!" Sean in reply says…"I’ve trained all over Christmas and New Year for this and I’m even better prepared than before, so I’m going to bring the belt back to Pontefract." Sean’s trainer manager Michael Marsden is confident…"We know this is a big opportunity for Sean but he won last time and we expect him to win again. We know this time it will be harder but we are confident." Also appearing as chief support on the card, Nottingham’s own and always exciting Adnan Amar (19-1) will be defend his Midlands area Title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home