Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Khan reacts to St Clair's Outburst

Furious Amir Khan has vowed to knockout Gairy St Clair after hearing a radio ad recorded by the Commonwealth lightweight title challenger.Cheeky St Clair warned Khan he was coming to destroy him in a radio advert for their February 2 fight at the ExCeL London, currently playing on Talk Sport.The Australia-based Guyanan tackles Khan over 12 rounds - and has vowed to be firing until the final bell.But the 21-year-old hot-shot from Bolton has vowed to make him eat his words." I was heading to my training camp listening to the radio, when I heard the advert," said Khan." I couldn't believe it!" I was so mad that when I got to the gym I did double my normal routines just to get rid of the anger." I think Oliver Harrison's hands are still stinging from when he took me on the pads." I'm still pumped up about it now, and can't wait to show him who's boss a week on Saturday." St Clair has got a great record and he's been the distance with some quality fighters like Vivian Harris and Diego Corrales, but he won't go the distance with me." This is my chance to make a big statement by stopping St Clair for the first time, and also beating a former IBF world champion." I've also been reading that St Clair knocked around a big Australian heavyweight called Mad Mick. Well, he won't be able to do that to me"Khan-St Clair heads a quality card at the ExCel Arena, with Michael Jennings' WBU welterweight title defence against Ross Minter also on the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home