Thursday, January 17, 2008

Minter ready to boss Jennings

Ross "The Boss" Minter reckons his fight against Michael Jennings is going to steal the show on February 2nd at the ExCeL London.The 29-year-old Crawley welterweight challenges WBU king Jennings and has vowed to bounce back from a KO defeat in his last fight by becoming a world champion.Minter, the son of former middleweight world champion Alan, was involved in one of the fights of 2007 when he tackled Freddy Curiel in Newcastle on the UK v USA Contenders card.On top going into the eighth and final round, he was stopped by heavy-handed Curiel after going on the floor.Now 17-2-1 (8), former English and Southern Area welterweight champion Minter will be aiming to dethrone Jennings, 31-1 (14)." I've got a lot to prove so I will be going out there to put on the performance of my life,"" The loss against Curiel was a hard one to swallow, but it's just made me even more determined to succeed," said Minter." Jennings is a good fighter and we've been due to meet a couple of times in the past, but now we're finally going to get it on." He's a good fighter but I will be in the shape of my life for the fight and will give him too much on the night,"" The fans are going to be in for a treat,"" I feel I can learn from the whole Curiel experience and come back stronger for it. I got caught when I was on top, but that doesn't make me a bad fighter. I'm going to prove just how good I am on February 2."Jennings, 30, captured the WBU welterweight title when he beat Takaloo in April in Cardiff. Since then he has won again, in an eight rounder in the north west.A former British champion, Jennings boasts wins over Jimmy Vincent and Bradley Pryce, while his only came on a split decision to Young Mutley in a British title fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home