Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Calzaghe gives Hopkins Cold Feet

Joe Calzaghe flew to America for a press tour with Bernard Hopkins - with a pair of fine cashmere socks to give to the world's number one light-heavyweight.It follows Hopkins' temper tantrum last week in the UK, when he was filming a promotional video for the fight at a warehouse location first thing in the morning.Despite being a product of the tough streets of Philadelphia, Hopkins likes his home comforts, and moaned constantly about the cold.And when one of the producers threw a pair of socks at him, he failed to see the funny side and threw a temper tantrum of diva-like proportions in his dressing room." I just hope Hopkins doesn't get cold feet when it comes to going toe-to-toe with me," said Calzaghe, who will meet Hopkins head-to-head in New York, LA and Las Vegas.The pair will fight in the Planet Hollywood Ring at the Thomas & Mack Centre, Las Vegas, on April 19.Hopkins' Ring Magazine light-heavyweight title will be on the line." I'll be presenting Ol' Popkins with a pair of socks when I see him in New York," said Calzaghe." He'll need them when we fight because I'm going to be keeping on his toes all night, and I don't want him moaning about blisters." Where I come from in the Welsh valleys, we don't mind a bit of cold, but I can understand if Hopkins doesn't like it." After all, when you get to his age, you do start feeling the cold!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home