Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Small Sets Sights on Contender Star

Light-middleweight prospect Anthony Small is determined to spank another yank - and has set his sights on new WBC World light-middleweight champion Sergio Mora. Small beat Contender star Walter Wright last year in a UK v USA event in Newcastle. And now he is keen on turning his firepower on the winner of the first Contender series - Mora. The American beat caused a major upset by beating Vernon Forrest at the weekend to capture the WBC crown. " Tell Mora that Small is coming to get him, I can't wait to spank another yank," said the out-spoken 26-year-old, who fights big punching George Katsimpas at York Hall on Saturday." I beat Walter Wright in the UK, but I'll go to America to fight Mora, and I'll give him a whole lot more than he can handle. I'll give him a lesson in his own backyard." Small also says that he wants a rematch with Commonwealth light-middleweight champion Bradley Pryce, who stopped him controversially at the O2 Arena last year." I was robbed against Pryce, it was an utter joke," said Small. "As soon as he landed a couple of punches, the referee called the fight off. " I'd hurt Pryce a couple of times in every round, and felt I was winning the fight with ease. I just covered up because I was pacing myself, and before I know it the fight is off with me still on my feet! " As soon as I beat Katsimpas on Saturday night, I'll do everything in my power to get a rematch with Pryce. " If I can't get a fight with Pryce, then I'll happily take on British champion Ryan Rhodes, and after I've beaten him I'll look to win a world title. " I'm a world class fighter and in the next couple of fights, I'm going to start fulfilling my potential. I've always known I'll be a world champion, and nothing that's happened has dented my confidence." Top of the bill on Saturday sees Kell Brook fight Barrie Jones in a challenge for the vacant British welterweight crown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home