Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Man City Fan Murray in Fighting Mood

John Murray is confident he can win the British Lightweight Title on Friday, 11th July and strike a blow for Manchester City over Manchester United.Undefeated Murray faces Manchester rival Lee Meager at the Robin Park Arena in Wigan on a Hennessy Sports show in association with GoldenPalace.net.Both Hennessy Sports boxers badly want to win the title and the fact that they support rival football teams has added extra spice to the Sky Sports televised event."I'm a Man City fan and I know Lee is a big Red, but this is boxing and not football and I'm going to make sure the blue side of Manchester is the winner in this derby for a change," said Murray."We had some right wars when we sparred together and if the fight is anything like them it will be as feisty as any Man United-Man City derby."City have been doing better recently and like me they are going to be a new force over the next year.”"It's not just local pride at stake but the British title, and we both need the win to push our own careers on."Former British champion Meager will be returning to his roots when he takes on Murray in Wigan and is determined to make sure United overcome their rivals City at the Robin Park Arena."I'm a massive Man United fan and used to be a season ticket-holder so with John being a City fan, it adds that extra bit of edge to it," said Meager."I went out to Moscow for the Champions League Final against Chelsea in May and I certainly want to make sure United get the better over City in this title fight."I was born in Salford and even went to school in Tyldesley, which isn't far away from the Robin Park Arena in Wigan. So fighting there is going to be special for me and hopefully I'll have a few old mates there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home