Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Foster Jnr wants winner of Arthur vs Cook

Steve Foster Jnr says victory against Femi Fehintola in Manchester next month will propel him to another world title opportunity. The Salford star was narrowly beaten by Alex Arthur on points in December in a challenge for the interim WBO World Super-Featherweight crown in Edinburgh. And he had the Scotsman down and in trouble in the 11th round. Foster returns to action for the first time since that fight in a challenge for Fehintola's English title on Frank Warren's blockbuster show at the M.E.N Arena, Manchester on September 6. Arthur is joint top of the bill, defending his full WBO crown against Nicky Cook - and Foster says he wants the winner. "I have to win this fight if I'm to stay in contention," said Foster. "Fehintola is a good technical boxer and I know its going to be tough because both of us will be really up for it. "But the Arthur fight gave me a taste of the big time and I want to get to world level again. "I'm not too sure who will win out of Arthur and Cook - the only thing I'm certain of is that I want the winner. "I can mix it with the best, and if I can't get Arthur or Cook then I want British and Commonwealth champion Kevin Mitchell. I'll fight whoever they put in front of me. "Sometimes I look back at that 11th round when I had Arthur on the floor, and wish I could have finished him off. The fight has gone now, so there's no point looking back, but it's made me even more determined to fulfil my childhood dream of winning a world title." Foster, 27, was a featherweight during the early stages of his career, but says moving up to 9'4 has worked wonders. "That Arthur fight showed how strong I can be at super-featherweight," said Foster.
"It was a big, big struggle getting down to featherweight, but I feel so much better now. I'm punching harder than ever in the gym, and people are going to see an explosive display when I take on Fehintola. "Looking at his record he doesn't look like a puncher, but if you get whacked in the face it still hurts, so I'm taking nothing for granted!"Arthur-Cook joint headlines 2 Hot 2 Handle alongside Amir Khan's fifth defence of his Commonwealth lightweight title. Tickets for 2 Hot 2 Handle, priced at £30, £40, £50, £100, £150 and £200, are available from www.frankwarren.tv and the following outlets: M.E.N Ticketmaster 0870 190 8000
www.men-arena.com BWFC0871 871 2932 khantickets@bwfc.co.uk Khan Boxing
01204 535 332www.amirkhan-boxing.com See Tickets 0871 220 0260 www.seetickets.com
Ticket Factory 0871 945 6000 www.ticketfactory.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home