Friday, August 01, 2008

Maccarinelli looking to do a Bank Job

Enzo Maccarinelli will enjoy home advantage for his WBO World Cruiserweight title challenge against Johnathon Banks after promoter Frank Warren won purse bids for the fight. Warren put in a successful bid at the WBO's offices in Puerto Rico on Tuesday. Maccarinelli is aiming to recapture the WBO crown he lost against David Haye in March this year, and the Welshman was delighted when he heard the news about the purse bid. "Frank Warren has delivered for me again, and I can't wait to get back into action and win my title back," "The loss to Haye was hard to swallow because I know I could have done better but that is in the past and I'm focused on getting back to winning ways again," said 27-year-old Maccarinelli. "Banks is supposed to be the next big thing in America, but I'll cut him down to size. Banks, undefeated in 20 fights, recently captured the IBO title when he out-pointed Vincenzo Rossitto on the Klitschko-Thompson undercard in Germany. A protege of Manny Steward, Banks comes from Detroit and boxes out of the Kronk Gym, registering 14 KOs in his impressive professional career. Warren said, "He's been pestering me for another world title chance since that loss to Haye, and I'm pleased that I've been able to deliver."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home