Monday, October 20, 2008

Burns Night at the Kelvin Hall

Commonwealth Super-Featherweight Champion Ricky Burns is already having nightmares about facing Ghanaian hardman Yakubu Amidu on Friday 14 November at Glasgow's Kelvin Hall. Burns was involved in a tough scrap against another Ghanaian Osumanu Akaba to win the title last month in London, and now faces another hard night against power-punching Amidu who has knocked-out all but one of his 17 opponents. He said, "These Ghanaian's are hard, hard, fighters, so when I saw that this guy Amidu was from Ghana I groaned! Then when I looked at his record and saw that he has belted out 16 of his 17 opponents I had nightmares later that night! "It's good that he has instilled this fear in me already because it's given me the buzz I need to win and to train harder than ever to beat this guy and keep hold of my Commonwealth crown, "He might have an awesome record littered with knockouts but he going to come unstuck against a good boxer like me, "The fight against Akaba was a great learning fight and to come through a tough twelve-rounder has done me the world of good. I've watched the fight again and there's plenty to learn from it and to practice in the gym, "I'm just looking forward to returning to Scotland a champion and defending my title in front of my home fans and it's going to be a great night." Burns features as chief support to Kell Brook's British Welterweight title defence against Kevin McIntyre that also features a top quality undercard. Tickets are available from Morrison Boxing 0141 554 7777, Ticket Scotland 0141 204 5151 and Frank Warren 01992 550 888.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home