Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wright boxes in Loving Memory

Tyrone Wright wants to win the English Super-Middleweight Title in memory of his sister Chantelle at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on Saturday, 6th December. The Nottingham boxer faces Paul David (Northampton/Sheffield) in a rematch of their Midlands Area light-heavyweight title, which Wright won 97-93 on points in May. Carl Froch (Nottingham) tops the Hennessy Sports bill in a world title fight. David claims the point’s verdict was controversial and is aiming to finish the rematch early, but Wright insists it will be him who forces a stoppage on what would have been his sister's birthday. “The first fight was nowhere near controversial and it was a good decision because a lot of people thought I won the fight," said Wright. “He has stirred it up, but the truth is I battered him. This fight is going over old ground but because of what he has said it has given me the motivation to go in there and knock him out. “He shouldn’t have gone ten rounds with me last time and he’s not going ten rounds again this time. I’m too powerful for him and I’m going to hurt him. I’m going to be bringing the pain. “The fight is on the same day as my sister’s birthday, but she passed away last year. I’m going to win this title in memory of Chantelle. “She had a lot of problems with diabetes and health issues. She had an epileptic fit and passed away after it. I won the Midlands Area title two weeks after that fight and hopefully I will be dedicating this title to her as well. “It could be an emotional night for me, I know, but my family have been telling me to win it for her.” Wright will have Tony Harrison in his corner after recently splitting with trainer Matt Scriven. “I’ve had a lot of ups and downs with managers and trainers but it’s not caused me to lose focus because this is for a good title and if I win this I could be in line for a British title shot," said Wright. "I want people to see I’ve got ability and I can box and that I’m not just raw power.” Wright has benefited from sparring with fellow Nottingham boxer Carl Froch, who is challenging for the Vacant WBC Super-Middleweight World Title against Jean Pascal (Canada) as top of the Hennessy Sports bill, which will be shown live by ITV1. “I sparred with Carl four weeks ago – and it was definitely a step up for me! I’ve sparred guys on the circuit, but he was on a different level,” said Wright. Tickets are available from the 24 hour Box Office at the Trent FM Arena on 08444 124 624 or via http://www.trentfmarenanottingham.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home