Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chisora aims for Heavyweight Stardom

Derek Chisora says he'll win a world heavyweight title - and complete a riches to riches story.That's because the hard hitting sensation from Finchley comes from a wealthy land-owning family - and went to private school. But despite his priviliged upbringing, Del Boy has been terrorising opponents between the ropes, and has his sights firmly set on making it all the way to the top. The 25-year-old returns to action on January 30 at Bethnal Green's York Hall against Norway's Daniel Peret in an eight-rounder on the undercard of Kell Brook's British Welterweight title defence against Stuart Elwell, live on Sky Sports. And Chisora is aiming for another explosive performance to build on his impressive 8-0 record which already includes five KOs. "My family was well off when I was a youngster, but by the time I'd reached my teenage years I was out of control," said Chisora, whose family owned a string of farms in Zimbabwe. "I was involved with the police and boxing stopped me from going to prison! "But now I'm on the straight and narrow and my aim is to become a world champion within the next three years. "By the end of this year I want to be challenging for the British title, and I know that I've got the KO power to win a Lonsdale belt - and get a world title as well." Promoter Frank Warren added: "Derek's always phoning me up asking if he can fight guys like Audley Harrison, Matt Skelton and Martin Rogan. "His self belief is incredible and I've got every confidence that he's going to become a major star." Tickets, priced at £30 and £50, are available from Frank Warren Box Office on 01992 550 888 ***FIGHT CARD*** FRANK WARREN PROUDLY PRESENTS
CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING YORK HALL, BETHNAL GREEN FRIDAY 30th JANUARY, 2009.THE WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF GREAT BRITAIN Kell Brook (Sheffield, England) vs. Stuart Elwell (Walsall, England) THE VACANT SOUTHERN AREA SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP Richard Horton (Ongar, England) vs. Tony Salem (Finchley, London, England) 8 Rounds International Heavyweight Contest Derek Chisora (Finchley, London, England) vs. Daniel Peret (Trondheim, Norway) 6 Rounds Light-Middleweight Contest Denton Vassell (Manchester, England) vs. TBA 4 Rounds Super-Featherweight Contest Vinny Mitchell (Dagenham, England) vs. Robin Deakin (Crawley, England) 4 Rounds Super-Featherweight Contest Liam Walsh (Cromer, England) vs. Sid Razak (Birmingham, England) 4 Rounds Super-Bantamweight Contest Ryan Walsh (Cromer, England) vs. Shaun Walton (Telford, England)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home