Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Murray in war of words with McAllister

John Murray is getting ready to make Lee McAllister pay for calling him ‘a cry baby’ when they fight for the Hennessy Sports boxer’s British Lightweight Title on Saturday, 17th January. Murray (Manchester) will make the first defence of his title at the Robin Park Arena in Wigan and ITV4 will show the action live on the first event from Hennessy Sports in 2009. The unbeaten star is looking forward to showing his continuing progression and is now even more determined to do a job on McAllister (Aberdeen) after the Scot’s comments earlier this week. McAllister claimed he would ‘smash up’ Murray and criticised the champion for twice pulling out of their British Title showdown. But Murray claims McAllister has a 'padded record' and is going to pay for his remarks in the ring. “I pulled out before Christmas because of a cut on my head and I didn’t want to go into the fight unless I was 100 per cent,” Murray hit back. “You need to be at your best because this is a professional sport and I’m taking this fight very seriously, as Lee will find out. “I’m not crying about training over Christmas. I worked hard and I’ve had to make sacrifices but it’s part of the job and it has made me even more hungrier for the fight. “When we are in the ring together, it’s going to dawn on him he may be singing it but I’m going to be bringing it. “McAllister might talk a good fight but I walk the walk whereas he just talks the talk. “He has got a padded record and he hasn’t done anything. He boxed Craig Docherty just over a year ago, but Docherty was past his best then and that’s his best win. “When he’s in there with a real top lightweight like me he is going to be in trouble, let’s just hope that after all the fuss he has made of me pulling out with a head injury he has the bottle to turn up Saturday night.” Tickets are available from the Ticketline Box Office on 0871 424 4444 or via http://www.ticketline.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home