Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DeGale ready for Pro Debut

James DeGale will be fighting fit for his professional debut - and so will health conscious members of the public he is working with. The Olympic gold medallist will have his first fight under promoter Frank Warren on February 28 at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.He's been training hard under taskmaster Jim McDonnell, ensuring that he is in the best shape possible for his big night. And now DeGale is poised to pass on some of McDonnell's secrets after signing up for The Feelgood Factor for ITV1, a major new initiative to encourage the nation to get fit and lose weight. The high-profile campaign, supported by ITV's most popular shows and their stars, will see three groups of viewers with bad eating habits and poor exercise regimes attempt to get fitter with celebrity mentors. Eamonn Holmes and Mylenne Klass will host the show. DeGale will take training sessions with one of the groups, and is delighted to be involved. "Healthy living is really important and it will be great to pass on a few tips," said DeGale. "And I'll be able to sympathise because when I was I kid I was called 'Chunky' because I was a bit over weight. "But although I'll push my group hard, I won't be as tough with them as Jim McDonnell is with me - it wouldn't be fair! "I don't think I've ever worked as much as have done in the last few weeks, and Jimmy is leaving no stone unturned to get me in the best possible shape for my debut. "Things have been going fantastic in the gym - and I could have my first pro fight tomorrow I feel so good. "I can't wait to find out who I will be fighting and to get in the ring on February 28 and get my career started with a bang." Tickets for the Olympian show, priced at £30, £50, £100 and £150, are available from: Ticket Factory 0844 338 8000 Ticketline 0871 888 9991 See Tickets 0871 220 0260 Ticket Master 0844 847 2500

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home