Friday, February 06, 2009

Broadhurst keep tabs on Super-Flyweights

Super-flyweight prospect Don Broadhurst will be keeping a close eye on this weekend's super-clash between the division's leading lights in America. Vic Darchinyan will defend his IBF, WBC and WBA world titles against Jorge Arce in a mouth-watering showdown in California, a bout to be shown live on Showtime in the States. Unbeaten Broadhurst says the clash is bringing some much needed exposure to the division - and he will be studying videos of the fight in the hope that he might one day fight the winner. "They are two great fighters and it's fantastic to have a super-fight at my weight," said Broadhurst. "People are always talking about the middleweights and the welterweights, but now we've got a great fight down at super-flyweight, and boxing fans are going to realise that us little guys can produce the goods as well." Broadhurst makes a defence of his Commonwealth title on February 28 at the NIA in Birmingham, on a card that will also see the professional debuts of the 2008 Olympians. And he's hoping for an even bigger show to come to Birmingham in the next few years. "I've been tracking Arce and Darchinyan since they were flyweights and I was a flyweight, and hopefully our paths will cross at some point in the future," he said. "I'd love to meet one of them at Villa Park here in Birmingham either next year or in 2011. "I've dreamed of big fights ever since I turned professional and I'm going to make sure I get them. "I've been running up and down hills in the snow all week, and that's the kind of committment I'm going to show for the next 18 months as I battle for a world title."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home