Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Swaby to face the Wrath of Fury

Lee Swaby has warned Tyson Fury that he should be careful what he wishes for. Fury has lashed out at his British heavyweight rivals by claiming that they are all running for cover but Swaby says he was only too happy to step up to the plate by tackling the 6 foot 9 inch Manchester man this weekend. The heavyweight sensation has racked up a hat trick of quick fire stoppage wins against European opposition in his first 3 professional outings with Lincoln southpaw Swaby next up at the Aston Arena in Birmingham this weekend. Their scheduled six rounder will be shown live on ITV4 (from 7:45pm) as part of the undercard to Hennessy Sports “Battle of Brum” – the mouth watering British Middleweight title clash between bitter local rivals Wayne Elcock and Matthew Macklin. Swaby, a 47 fight veteran who holds a KO win over former World Champ Enzo Maccarinelli has watched all of Fury’s outings to date but says he hasn’t been overly impressed. “I’ve watched all his fights and he’s done what he’s had to do so far but trust me I’m not just coming for the payday. I can bang and if I hit anyone clean on the chin they’re in trouble, I don’t care who they are or what size they are. “He’s a big boy and he’s got fast hands and has looked good so far but what happens when somebody tags him on the chin? We haven’t seen that yet but I think we’ll find out on Saturday night.” Swaby insists that he won’t be intimidated by Fury’s impressive physical attributes. “He might be 18 odd stone but you know what they say the bigger they come the harder they fall. I actually prefer fighting bigger guys, you can hurt your hands punching down on smaller lads and in general the bigger guys are far easier to hit. I sparred David Price to help him prepare for the Olympics last year and really enjoyed that. He’s around the same height as Tyson so it certainly won’t be anything new to me. “Fury’s been talking about how he’s going to do this and that but talk is cheap. When I’m up for a fight I can be a dangerous man, just ask Enzo Maccarinelli. If Fury leaves himself open and walks on to something then he’ll find himself on the floor because I know if I catch anyone right they’ll go over.” Alongside Fury the undercard for “The Battle of Brum” at the Aston Arena features Adnan Amar defending his English Welterweight title against Tom Glover and Wolverhampton’s undefeated Chris Lewis taking on Adam Kelly. Also in action are local prospects Chris Male, Quinton Hillocks and Callum Archer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home