Friday, July 10, 2009

Kotelnik inspired by fellow Countrymen

WBA light-welterweight champion Andreas Kotelnik says he's been inspired by fellow countrymen Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko - and will emulate their punching power against Amir Khan. Kotelnik, who is good friends with the Klitschkos through their ties to the Ukraine, puts his WBA light-welterweight title on the line against Khan on July 18 at the MEN Arena, Manchester. And he has vowed to finish the fight early in the manner of his country's most famous sportsmen. "Vitali and Wladimir are big boxing heroes of mine," said Kotelnik. "The way they have made themselves the best in the heavyweight division by knocking out all their rivals is inspiring. "But soon the Ukraine won't just have the best heavyweights in the world, but the best light-welterweight as well. "Vitali and Wladimir's nicknames are Dr Ironfist and Dr Steelhammer, but when it comes to punching power I am The Professor. "I've been studying tapes of their fights and I know why they punch so hard - and so will Amir Khan on July 18 once I have knocked him out. "Then I'm going to America to clean up the rest of the division and become world number one. "All the talk this week has been about Amir Khan against Ricky Hatton, but I'm going to beat Khan and then I'm going after Hatton, and I'll knock him out as well."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home