Friday, October 02, 2009

Brook calls on friend Naseem Hamed

New British Boxing Writers' Young Boxer of the Year Kell Brook says he'll be seeking advice from a former winner - Naseem Hamed. Sheffield's Brook defends his British welterweight title at the Liverpool Echo Arena on October 30 against Michael Jennings. The hot shot has already won the Lonsdale belt outright, but is looking to notch another win against his closest British rival in a mouthwatering War of the Roses clash. And he says he'll be taking a few tips from Naz ahead of his next fight. Unbeaten Brook, who is in the middle of a hot KO streak, has been compared to Hamed ever since he turned professional as a teenager. Like The Prince, Brook is trained by Brendan Ingle, and a combination of unorthodox style and stunning power have made him a firm favourite with fans. "Naseem was always my hero when I was growing up, and to be compared to him is very flattering," said Brook. "I'm always looking for ways to improve, and I know getting advice from Hamed will help me go to the next level. "Everyone keeps telling me that I am good enough to win a world title, but if I hear it from the mouth of a legend like that then it will really boost my confidence." The 23-year-old, who makes the fourth defence of his British welterweight title against Jennings, has vowed to go all the way to world glory - just like Hamed. "I've got the power, I've got the skill and I've got the desire," he said. "Jenning is a stepping stone to greater things. "It reminds me a bit of when Hamed fought Steve Robinson. Everyone said that Naz was to young and would get exposed by the more experienced fighter.
"But he went in there and blasted out Robinson and I'll do the same to Jennings. I'm winning this fight by knockout and no one will stop me." Tickets priced at £30 (Tier), £40 (Tier), £50 (Tier), £100 (Floor), £150 (Floor) and £200 (Ringside) are available from: Liverpool Echo Arena
0844 8000 400 www.accliverpool.com Ticketmaster 0844 847 2500 www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Frank Warren Promotions 01992 550 888 www.frankwarren.tv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home