Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Undefeated land in Vegas

The records are pristine and spectacular - a combined 81-0 with 55 knockouts. However the stage is now set for "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather or Ricky"The Hitman" Hatton to face a blemish on their record as on Saturday December 8 at the indoor MGM Grand Garden Arena, both boxers are willing to got to war to avoid tasting defeat for the first time in their professional careers. Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions are proud to present "Undefeated" - a historic night of boxing featuring two undefeated champions battling for the World Welterweight Championship as Mayweather defends his title. Oscar De La Hoya, president of Golden Boy Promotions commented: "Even though this fight is months away, everyone is already talking about it and breaking it down, trying to figure out who has the edge. It's a great clash of styles between Mayweather and Hatton and I think that translates into a memorable fight that will go down in history as one of the great ones." Mayweather, who most recently defeated De La Hoya at the famous Las Vegas venue, can't wait for the big event, as "Pretty Boy" said: "The MGM Grand is like a second home to me and I'm going to make my fifth appearance here my most spectacular and memorable. I love Vegas, I love the fans at the MGM Grand and I'm gonna show Ricky Hatton that he can't come into my house and try to take what's mine." Hatton, who will have the support from a loyal army of fans, descending from his roots back home in Manchester, England is buzzing about the opportunity to immortalise himself amongst boxing's greats as "The Hitman" looked forward to this eagerly awaited contest, as he commented: "It's always been a dream of mine to fight at the MGM Grand and now I'll finally get my chance. The MGM Grand has been the home to so may great champions and so many great fights. To fight Floyd Mayweather in that famous ring will push me even harder to live up to such a legacy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home