Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mitchell's Hunger to upstage Big Mac

Kevin Mitchell is backing good friend Enzo Maccarinelli to unify the cruiserweight division on March 8 - but says he'll steal the big Welshman's thunder at The O2. Current Commonwealth super-featherweight champion Mitchell will face his toughest fight yet when he tackles British champion Carl Johanneson. And says he'll make the chief support even more explosive than the mouth-watering main event, which sees WBO cruiserweight king Maccarinelli taking on WBA/WBC counterpart David Haye. Both fights are live and exclusive on Setanta Sports. "It will be a Sports Network double on March 8, because I'll beat Johanneson and then my mate Enzo will do a job on Haye," said Mitchell. "He's got too much grit and too much determination, and I can't see him going home empty handed. "As for my fight with Johanneson, I reckon it's going to be an early night - for me. "It's not going more than a few rounds because I'm going to knock him out. The fans better get in early doors or they will miss the fight of the night, "Everyone keeps talking about Johanneson's punching-power, but I don't believe he hits as hard as I do. "But at the end of the day I don't care how hard he hits because I've got a great chin. I've never been down, amatuer or professional, and I'll take whatever Carl throws and come back twice as hard. "After I beat him, I've got a fight for the European title, and then hopefully I'll be challenging for a world title by the end of the year. "Alex Arthur is currently number one in the country, but I'm closing in fast. A fight against him at the end of the year would be a massive fight in the UK, and that's what I'm aiming for."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home