Friday, April 25, 2008

Arthur vs Guzman is Called Off

Alex Arthur's WBO World Super-Featherweight title clash against Joan Guzman has been postponed because the Dominican Republican has not received his Visa in time. Edinburgh star Arthur, the interim champion, was scheduled to meet full title-holder Guzman on May 3rd at the Meadowbank Stadium but with Guzman unable to travel, promoter Frank Warren will announce a new date for the super-fight shortly.Arthur, 29, was initially disappointed to be made to wait for his crack at the world number one but believes it will now work in his favour.He said: "After all the training that I had put in, that included going to America for two weeks, I was angry when I was I told that he couldn't get here on time because of a Visa problem. My training schedule is very precise and I plan everything with my training team to the minute so to have my plans thrown up in the air was a big blow. Once I calmed down and looked at the situation again I realised that I could use this to my advantage because I now have some valuable extra time to prepare with my team. Guzman is a great fighter and I know that I have the beating of him but if I can be 10 percent faster and stronger because of the delay then it will work in my favour."Promoter Frank Warren said, "We are hopeful to announce a new date for the fight very shortly once we hear from Guzman's promoters Sycuan Boxing that he has received his Visa. It's a big disappointment but Alex is a thorough professional and will have to take this in his stride."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home