Friday, April 25, 2008

Witter in bouyant mood for Bradley

Junior Witter believes he is in the hottest form of his career ahead of his next world title defence against Timothy Bradley at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on May 10. Witter (Bradford, England) makes the third defence of his prestigious WBC light-welterweight title on a Hennessy Sports show in association with GoldenPalace.com as joint main event with Carl Froch’s (Nottingham, England) WBC super-middleweight title final eliminator against Denis Inkin (Russia). Witter is in Gran Canaria preparing for Bradley (Palm Springs, USA) and is confident the best is yet to come from him after knocking out Vivian Harris (New York/Guyana) in the seventh round in September. He said: "I think the Harris fight was the best of my career and it has raised the expectations on me, but I will deal with that when I deal with Bradley. "It was a brilliant stoppage of Harris, a former world champion, and it has given me a real boost. It showed that I am a big puncher after a few of my recent fights had gone to points. "But there’s still a lot more to come from me and the harder the fights, the better I perform." Witter has praised Bradley for stepping up to be his next challenger after American Demetrius Hopkins pulled out less than a month before a scheduled fight with ‘The Hitter’ in March. He said: "I was shocked when Hopkins pulled out and it was very frustrating because I had been training for 12 weeks. But Bradley has shown a lot of bottle for taking this fight and I give him respect for stepping up to the plate. I expect him to come at me with everything he’s got on the night." Witter needed surgery a week after his last fight on a knee injury, but says he is completely over the problem. He said: "The knee is fine and it has not slowed me down in training at all for this fight. I had surgery on it and the operation sorted the ligament problem in my left knee."
Both fights will be broadcast live on ITV1, with further fights from the under-card broadcast on ITV4, the show will also be shown on a ShoBox special in the US and on Super Channel Canada.
Tickets can be purchased via Trent FM Arena Nottingham on 08444 124 624 or via www.nottingham-arena.com. Ticket prices: Inner Ringside seating £150, Outer Ringside seating £75, Premium Tiered seating £40 & Reserved Tiered & Reserved Floor seating £30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home