Friday, April 25, 2008

Froch gets on Calzaghe Bandwaggon

Carl Froch says he will produce a better performance than Joe Calzaghe did at the weekend in his WBC Super-Middleweight Title Final Eliminator against Denis Inkin (Russia) at the Trent FM Nottingham Arena on May 10. British champion Froch (22-0) 18 KO’s was not overly impressed by Clazaghe's points win over Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas on Saturday. 'Cobra' Froch (Nottingham, England) fights Inkin live on ITV1 in the UK and on a slight delay on a ShoBox special in the US for the right to be the next mandatory challenger for the WBC title held by Calzaghe. "I've been a big Calzaghe fan down the years and I obviously wanted him to win, but it was a terrible performance from him and I thought Hopkins did enough on the night," said Froch. "Calzaghe was messy and inaccurate with his punches. Nothing really landed on Hopkins. I thought Calzaghe got beat”. "To be fair to Joe styles make fights and Hopkins was just looking to spoil later on, but I intend to give a better performance against Inkin. I'm treating this as a world title fight even though it is a final eliminator because I think Joe would rather give up the belt than fight me, I’m to fresh and to dangerous." Also on the Hennessy Sports bill is Junior Witter's (Bradford, England) next defence of his WBC Light-Welterweight Title against his mandatory challenger Timothy Bradley (Palm Springs, USA).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home