Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Witter looks to Shine on the Silver Screen

Junior Witter is looking forward to impressing a big TV audience in the next defence of his WBC light-welterweight title at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on Saturday, 10th May. Witter (Bradford, England) is aiming to end the undefeated record of mandatory challenger Timothy Bradley (Palm Springs, USA) in the third defence of his prestigious world title on a Hennessy Sports in association with GoldenPalace.com show that also features WBC Super Middleweight mandatory challenger Carl Froch. After knocking out former world champion Vivian Harris (Guyana/USA) in his last fight in September, Witter is looking to produce another brilliant performance in front of the ITV1 (UK) and ShoBox Special (USA) cameras for a watching television audience on both sides of the Atlantic. He said: "It’s a great chance for me to show a wider audience what I can do, and I intend to grab that opportunity and show the world I’m the best light-welterweight in boxing right now.” "Some people who will have perhaps heard of me but not seen me box will get the chance to see me in action for the first time and they won’t be disappointed.” "Bradley is a top opponent and the better opponent the better I perform… just ask Vivian Harris. Bradley has got a great knockout ratio as his record suggests, so I expect him to be aggressive and he will come to fight, which is just how I like them.” "After seeing me box in front of a massive TV audience both in the UK and the States, once I do a job on Bradley even more people will be asking: why won’t Ricky Hatton fight Junior Witter?" Tickets can be purchased from Trent FM Arena Nottingham 24hr Ticket Hotline on 08444 124 624
or via www.nottingham-arena.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home