Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Witter to restore Yorkshire Pride

Junior Witter is out to restore some pride into Yorkshire boxing when he defends his WBC light-welterweight title against American Timothy Bradley at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on Saturday, 10th May live on ITV1 and a delayed ShoBox special in the US. Witter (Bradford, England) makes the third defence of his prestigious world title on a Hennessy Sports in association with GoldenPalace.com show. After seeing his fellow Yorkshire man Clinton Woods lose his IBF light-heavyweight title on points to Antonio Tarver in April. ‘The Hitter’ is promising to produce his best and denies Bradley’s claim he has taken him lightly. He said: "This is a chance for me to pick up Yorkshire boxing after Clinton’s loss. It was disappointing because I really wanted him to win, but Clinton was well beat. "The big lights seemed to get to him but I bet if the fight was in Sheffield Clinton could have beat Tarver. "It’s up to me now to make sure I keep my world title because there are not that many world champions left in Britain now. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home