Friday, May 02, 2008

Bradley has a Pop at Witter

Timothy Bradley has warned WBC light-welterweight champion Junior Witter he will be punished if he takes him lightly in their world title showdown at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham on Saturday, 10th May. Bradley (Palm Springs, USA) brings with him an undefeated record for his first world title fight and first fight outside of America. Witter (Bradford, England) is by far the more experienced of the two and will be making the third defence of his world title on the Hennessy Sports in association with GoldenPalace.com show which will be shown live on television by ITV1 in the UK and on a delayed basis in America on a ShoBox special. But Bradley believes his quick fists will make sure he brings the titles back across the Atlantic. He said: "I am sure he is going to come prepared but I have been reading that his team is taking me lightly, they are calling it a tune up fight but it is going to be the hardest fight of his career. "I respect Witter, he’s a world champion but when it comes time to get in the ring, there is no respect.There is no room for respect in the ring. This is a fight I have been waiting on my whole life, I have always wanted the WBC title. "I have been watching Junior Witter since the beginning of my career and I can tell you that if he takes me lightly I will come home with that belt. "If he doesn’t take me lightly it will be a good fight. He has a lot of hand speed, he has really good foot work. I will be the fastest opponent he has ever faced. I have a lot of hand speed and footwork. "It won’t be about style because he doesn’t really have one. Witter doesn’t have a style. I watched him fight Zab Judah and others and he doesn’t come with a game plan. "Early in his career he was more of a boxer mover, he is now more of a boxer puncher, more of a counter puncher, he’s a hell of a counter puncher. "I have a good game plan, I know what to expect, I know his antics, and that he switches from right to left. He tries to play mind games with his opponent. I know if you rush in at him what he will do, I know what he is going to do when he gets in a certain angle." Bradley’s manager Gary Shaw said: "Tell Junior Witter to dig a foxhole and get ready for 'Desert Storm!' -- Timothy 'Desert Storm' Bradley. Timothy has waited his whole life for this opportunity and I know he's going to make the most of it. General Bradley is locked and loaded and ready to battle the top dog in the 140-pound division."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home