Friday, June 13, 2008

Siddique Shakes Up Lighweight Division

Unbeaten Nadeem Siddique is ready to shake up the British lightweight division.The Bradford boxer meets Canadian Julius Odion in a clash of two unbeatens as chief support on the Hennessy Sports show in association with GoldenPalace.net at the SkyDome Coventry. Top of the bill is Wayne Elcock’s British Middleweight Title defence Darren McDermott which will be televised live by Sky Sports. Siddique, who trains at the same Sheffield gym as former WBC light-welterweight champion Junior Witter, has compiled a record of 22 wins and stopped his last two opponents. Sid halted Ghana's Alex Brew in just two rounds at the Nottingham Arena on May 10 – ideal preparation for his 10 round international contest with Odion (11-0-2). Sid claims victory over Odion will further improve his reputation as one of Britain's top lightweight contenders. "When you are boxing kids who are coming to win you have got a better chance of stopping them and that’s what has happened to me," said Sid. "It's also a result of all the hard work and dedication I’ve been putting in during training. I'm taking it a lot more serious now, and am a full-time professional. "I'm with the Ingles and they have a system of producing world champions so hopefully my time is coming soon. I know I'm one of the best in the country right now. "I can make lightweight and that's where I want to be contesting titles, but I’m not interested in anyone else at the moment but myself. "Julius is slick and a southpaw, but I'm confident my speed and power will be enough to beat him. If I take away his unbeaten record it will continue to improve my reputation. "I sold 400 tickets for my last fight and more people are beginning to realise what I'm capable of. People had better start to spell my name right because I'm going to be making a name for myself in the next year. It's only a matter of time before I prove myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home